Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Did It!

Saturday we had an AMAZING Enrichment Super Saturday. I signed up to make 3 different craft projects.  When I left, I had completed 1-1/2 projects.  Usually that means that the unfinished projects will languish in my closet for weeks, months, or even longer.  But not this time!  Here it is, Tuesday evening, and I have finished all 3 of the projects! And I have pictures to prove it.

Project #1 is a magnetic piece of metal on a base which has a phrase on it.   
I need to print out some more pictures to put on it, but I thought these four were a good place to start.

Project #2 is an "I Spy"  game with many little objects inside that the kids have to find. 
Kimberly came to church with us on Sunday.  When we got home from church I showed her what I had made and told her where I'd made it.  Suddenly the fact that she had seen lots of kids at church with the same toy made sense!

Project #3 is blocks painted black, partially covered with scrapbook paper, and modge podged (an amazing substance).  Then the vinyl letters were applied.
I love the scrapbook paper I used.  It's all one piece, but because the stripes varied so much, the blocks don't all look the same.

I have to say, I'm very impressed with myself for finishing these projects!  I have so many unfinished projects in my closet - I'm glad these didn't join the pile!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Impressive! I love all three projects. Now I wish you'd get in said closet and finish more so you can show them off. Have you found the perfect places to display the two decorative projects?

Liz said...

me so impressed! Now if you can just get your husband to like where you've placed them!

Kristie said...

I'm working on my family blocks right now and then I will have all 3 projects finished, too. Yea for us!!

Shel said...

You totally ROCKED IT!!! WaHoo!!

Sarah said...

Those look great! I'm with Sarah, does it motivate you to dig into your closet and finish the other projects languishing there?

Laura said...

Sadly, no it doesn't really motivate me. One thing - I really liked these crafts, and they were ones I could do and have turn out. Some of the crafts I've started, I've ended up not really liking how they were turning out (my lack of skills being the problem). I should probably just get rid of them, since I will probably never finish them!

Alison said...

I have to admit that I played with my mom's I-spy bag at church and for hours later at the house. They are just fun to mess with.

Your projects look great especially your family blocks one! Way to keep the motivation going.

Necia said...

Those are great! I wish I could have been a part of that enrichment activity. Maybe I can figure them out on my own. Doubtful, but possible! I too have many projects already under way that are sitting in a closet. Yours actually did inspire me to get to some of mine.

Lori Hurst said...

I'm jealous! I couldn't come and they look so fun!

kimberly said...

Hurrah for finishing projects! This is ironic because I was just contemplating new knitting projects, when I should really finish the few I started and discarded. Oh well!

1) I love how you picked the most ridiculous pictures of all 4 of us. We are awesome kids!

2) That I Spy thing is genius. I kind of want to stick one in my purse and play with during church myself!

3) Those blocks are amazing! Where are you going to put them? On the table o' pictures?

Laura said...

To Kimberly:

1. I already had the picture of Brian in the Skim Ice Popsicle Man suit, so I thought I should keep with that silly theme for the pictures. I really should have taken the one from your FaceBook - of you in the Jayne hat. That would have fit even better.

2. The "I Spy" things are amazingly fun - no matter what your age.

3. The blocks right now are on top of my DVD shelves. I'm not sure where I'm going to put them, so I put them there for now.

Court said...

Your projects turned out really well!! I'm sorry I missed the event!

jamie said...

nice work!

mmmandy! said...

Ohhh, I have craft-envy! These are aweseome! Dang it! Why the heck isn't Mission Bend doing such awesome crafts? Or Super Saturdays at all?! Sad for me, grrrreat for you.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

very cute stuff! Our super saturday will be coming up and I hope they have some cute projects! I like that puzzls thing, I want it!