Thursday, September 24, 2009

October 9th

Our new Kroger Marketplace opens on October 9th!  I drove by the store this morning, peering in the windows, and saw a sign out front proclaiming that fact.  I am so excited for Kroger to open!  No longer will I have to drive 15 minutes to the grocery!  My 1/2% milk will be easily accessible!  Once Kroger opens, I won't have to drive very far for anything! Most of the places I go - Kroger, church, the high school, Walgreens, Wal-Mart - will be 3 miles away or less.  I'm looking forward to lower gas bills!

Woo hoo!

9 comments:

Alisha said...

Now THAT is exciting news. I can't WAIT! Oct 9th-- YAY!

Shel said...

SaWeetNess!! It will be a ParTay Day at Kroger!!

Court said...

October 9th...good to know!

Kristie said...

It is about time - Does it seem like that store has been sitting there forever?

mmmandy! said...

Woohoo!!! (And I love your WalMart... maybe a little too much.)

Unknown said...

Are they doing something special for the grand opening? Maybe we could meet and celebrate there together a load of free Boar's Head samples.

Laura said...

I haven't heard about anything special. I'm sure they will have free food samples. They had better have free food samples! The grand opening is at 8:00. I plan on being there then!

Liz said...

bout damn time! is there such a thing as 1/2 % milk? and here i've been drinking 1% this whole time cuz I couldn't bear to go down to skim!

Laura said...

Liz, Kroger is the only place that sells 1/2% milk. And not all Krogers carry it. This one had better! I would drink Skim, but 1/2% is as low as I can get Robert to go.