Friday, September 4, 2009

College Textbooks

Jeffrey just called to tell me how much he spent on his books at A&M.  Seven books - some used (if that was an option).  

How much do you think college textbooks cost?  Did Jeffrey spend

A.  $200.00 to $300.00
B.  $300.00 to $400.00
C.  $400.00 to $500.00
D.  $500.00 to $600.00

Give me your guess in your comments.  Once I get a few guesses I will tell you the real cost.

**Answer**
Now that I have five comments, I will tell you how much Jeffrey spent.  The correct answer is D. Jeffrey spent $550.00, which I thought was a lot until I saw what Ryan spent.  That's insane!  The cost of college textbooks is out of control!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

My first semester was C, so I'm going with that one.

Shel said...

I'm going with D.

Lori Hurst said...

Ryans were $966.36 so I would be guessing D.

Unknown said...

Jennifer must be really young (recent college attendee) or have an excellent memory for random things. I'll go with B since no one picked that yet.

Rhonda said...

Gotta be the insane "D".

Alison said...

Oh my goodness, yes books are expensive! Mike spent over $500 on his. Boo how much college costs. :(

Jennifer said...

Sarah - I'm not that recent a college attendee (try 10 years), but I must have been scarred by the price of my books. That's the only semester I remember.