Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Debit Card Fraud

Today I got a call from Chase Bank's Fraud Department. They were looking for Brian, but since I'm on his checking account, they talked to me.  Thank goodness.  They were suspicious of some charges that had been made today - one in Ohio and one in Washington.  I told the lady that they should be suspicious, since my son is in the Dominican Republic!  The result?  Brian's debit card has been cancelled. I called the mission office in the DR and asked the man who is serving there to pass along that message to Brian.  I also told him there was a way Brian could get money if he needed it.  The nice man said he would have Brian call me so I could tell him how.  But, as of now, I haven't heard from him.  Even if Brian doesn't call me, I hope the nice man tells him his card has been cancelled, so he doesn't try to use it.  And I hope Brian has some cash.  Otherwise he will be like the missionaries of old - heading home without purse or scrip! 

2 comments:

Shel said...

Ugh... that stinks! I seriously can not believe people.. they irritate me.. stealing like that is.. so... UGH!! It makes for such a headache for those they do it to. I'm sorry!

Unknown said...

Glad you caught it early and hope it doesn't take a lot of your time to fix.
Although your situation is a pain, your post left me chuckling with your multiple references to the 'nice man' and heading home as missionaries of old. Would that be a manpurse he's doing without?