Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Don't Understand People Sometimes

I went to Wal-Mart this evening.  I left the store at 9:00 and walked to my car.  After unloading my stuff, I looked into the truck sitting next to me.  Inside were 3 small children - the oldest couldn't have been more than six.  Why would you do that?  Why would you leave 3 small children in your truck in the Wal-Mart parking lot at night?  Or anytime for that matter?  I drove over to the security guard who was patroling the lot, told him what I had seen, and drove back to the truck, with him following.  As he was getting out of his car, the mother walked up.  I went ahead and left, but not before I heard her say, "I just had to run into the store real quick."  That is sad.  Bring your kids in, lady! Don't leave them in the truck alone.

And another thing?  When I first was walking back to my car, the truck engine was running.  I even heard the engine rev one time - like someone had stepped on the gas.  A few minutes later, someone shut the truck off.  I'm not sure which is worse - leaving the kids in a truck that's off and getting warm inside, or leaving three small, unseat belted children to roam around a truck that is running.

I see no Mom of the Year award in that mother's future.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow-what are some people thinking? I don't understand people either!

Necia said...

That's just scary and sad!

Unknown said...

I wish we lived in a world where that was safe! It'd make it a lot easier to mother, that's for certain. Imagine how easy it would be to go shopping in peace while your kids waited in the car? Wake up, lady!

Shel said...

I don't get it either... she'd feel pretty rotten for "just running in...yada yada" if something ever happened to her children. There are all sorts of creeps out there just looking for opportunities like that.. ugh.. people!!

jamie said...

duh. that's all i have to say about that.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

wow, that is sad. those poor kids. ok, and going into walmart is not real fast b/c that store is huge, the line are long and just walking from your car to the front door takes time. their parking lot is huge! Walgreen, CVS....yeah, that's real quick but Walmart? But I still wouldn't leave my kid in the car. You always hear about people stealing cars and driving off with your kid in the back. you can have the car but you can't have my baby!