Monday, August 10, 2009

Too Soon!!

Bright and early (well, early anyway) tomorrow morning, I will be driving Jeffrey up to Texas A&M so he can attend his four day Fish Camp.  Here's their fancy logo: 
Fish Camps are held throughout August, and are a way for new freshman to get to know other new freshman and learn more about being an Aggie.  I'll drop him off in College Station, and then all of the kids will be bused to a camp in Palestine, TX.  He'll have four days full of fun (hopefully), and I'll pick him up Friday afternoon.  I'm sure we'll have a nice conversation for 15 minutes or so, until he falls asleep for the rest of the trip!  

Then we will have 9 days at home before we drive him back up to Texas A&M.  This time to move him into this lovely place:
Appelt Hall.  Which will be his home until next May.

Which leads me to say:  Too Soon!!

Where did the summer go?  It just started yesterday didn't it?  How can my 3rd child be going off to college already!

I'm really going to miss that kid.  And not just because he drives Scott places!  Jeffrey is a lot of fun to have around the house (when he's home), and he will be missed!

But I know he's ready for this.  So I'll let him go and keep reminding myself of that!

11 comments:

Liz said...

Oh Laura! I can't believe it! That kid grew up too fast..I still remember being his webelos leader! He IS a great kid, we will all miss seeing him around. Good luck with all the upcoming traveling, packing and planning!

Shel said...

This is such a fun and exciting time for Jeffrey! I'm so excited for him! I agree it does seem way "Too Soon!!"

Court said...

I think of all of are saying, "It's too soon!" This summer has really flown by.

Congrats to you on raising such a fine kid. Jeffrey will rock A&M! Good luck Jeffrey!

Kristie said...

I'm so excited for Jeffrey to move on - we will all miss him, but he's a great kid and I know he will totally succeed at A&M!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

that's crazy! kids grow up so fast.

Leslie said...

when I started to read your post, I thought that Jeffery was literally going to be learning to fish for four days!! HA! I thought to myself, interesting...I never knew that he loved to fish! I had forgotten that he was college bound! Thought you might laugh at my initial misconception (otherwise I might have kept it to myself). He will do great! SO will you!

kimberly said...

Fish Camp. *shudders* I spent most of that in the infirmary for one thing or another.

Aren't the A&M dorms so pretty? HA.

Gosh, this does make me feel old, I confess.

Laura said...

Leslie, I don't think Jeffrey would have gone if all he'd be doing was fishing for 4 days! He is not the fishing kind of guy.

Kimberly, you always were a two percenter! They make them bring their own water bottles now. That's probably smart.

kimberly said...

That's super smart, the water bottles thing. By the end of the week, the only things in the vending machines were various forms of pop. No more water. People were probably getting dehydrated left and right.

Alison said...

I never went to fish camp but I wish I did!! :( Too late now, lol.

I had a friend that lived in those dorms. They are pretty nice.

Mike and I will be up in College Station too and I might feed him every once in a while. Atleast with cookies. :D

Jennifer said...

That place looks like a prison.