Tuesday, August 18, 2009

28 Years

Robert and I were married in the Manti Temple 28 years ago.  Man, that's a long time!  We were young and probably a little foolish, but we knew we were in love, and we knew we could make our marriage work.  And we have. It hasn't always been easy.  We've had ups and downs. We've been poor and well, not rich, but not poor.  We've had fights and we've had great times.  But through it all we knew we could count on each other.  We were in this together!  

I'm so grateful to have Robert in my life.  I'm grateful for the home we've built together.  I'm grateful for the four wonderful children we've raised or are still raising.  I'm grateful that we will be growing old(er) together.  

Happy Anniversary, Robert!  I love you! 

10 comments:

Necia said...

Sweet! Congratulations on 28 years!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

awww, happy anniversary! your anniversary is on Alisha's birthday, y'all gonna celebrate? ;) I was born 2 months later after you got married! :)

Rhonda said...

I love posts like these! Congratulations!!!

Court said...

Happy Anniversary!! Hope you have a wonderful day together. :)

Laura said...

Analee, thanks for making me feel OLD! :) As Robert said, at least I'm not quite old enough to have been your mother!

Alison said...

Congrats that is amazing! I can't wait until Mike and I reach 28 years!! We have a LONG way to go :P

Kristie said...

Happy Anniversary! I want to see a picture of the two of you 28 years ago and just a little younger. :)

Pops Stargell said...

Hey, today is (was) my anniversary too. So glad that you guys have made it exactly 20 years longer than I did. The ward just wouldn't be the same without you and Robert. Congrats! And many more happy years to come!

kimberly said...

Happy Anniversary! I love you guys lots and lots. :)

Lori Hurst said...

Beautiful post! Happy belated Anniversary.