Thursday, August 13, 2009

Things Aren't Always As You Remember

I had a favorite teacher in high school.  All of the students loved him - he really knew how to make his subject interesting.  Recently I discovered he's on FaceBook, so I sent him a friend request.  In it I asked if this was the same teacher who taught at Rich East in 1978.  It was him, but in his reply he said that he was only 28 at the time, so he really couldn't have taught anyone anything.

What ?!?!  28?!?!  I was so surprised by that.  I had always thought him to be older than that.  Probably because I had that 18-year-old mentality that says that teachers are old. It made me wonder how many of my other teachers were actually much younger than I thought they were.  

Oh, and what's really strange?  His youngest child is 30 - only a little more than 3 years older than Kimberly.  That seems really odd. 

2 comments:

Kristie said...

That's too funny. Of course, he was your favorite teacher - he was almost your age!

Leslie said...

I like it Kristie!