Monday, August 17, 2009

Nice People

Jeffrey and I had to go to Memorial City Mall tonight.  We were on a quest for an aqua polo shirt (which is another story in and of itself).  On the way back we stopped at a little pizza place (Napoli's on Memorial near Dairy Ashford) and got a slice of pizza.  When we came out, my Odyssey wouldn't start.  I didn't have any jumper cables and I wasn't relishing the idea of calling Robert and making him drive 25 minutes to help us.  I went in to the pizza place and asked one of the men working if any of them had jumper cables. He found one guy who did, so that guy and another employee came out and hooked up my car.  Which still wouldn't start.  But they didn't give up!  They tried some more, and then decided the posts were corroded.  So they worked to clean those off.  By this time we had been joined by another employee and some friends of theirs.  They kept trying, but were still unsuccessful.  I was ready to give up, but they kept cleaning.  And then, lo and behold, my car started! And Jeffrey and I made it home!

Thank goodness for nice people who are still willing to help out strangers! 

4 comments:

Shel said...

That was very nice. I'm grateful there are still people who don't mind taking the time to help. You can always call me.. I'd come get 'cha :)

The aqua shirt must be for his fish group?? His color for his cheer was aqua. I'll be nice this time ;) Everyone else was making me look reallll mean :(

Jennifer said...

That is nice to hear. I'll be sure to eat there.

Court said...

How awesome! Sounds like good food and good folks!

kimberly said...

You didn't tell me that story!

Was it the Napoli's by the old house? Is that same super nice couple still running it? I miss their garlic bread. Mmmm...