Saturday, August 29, 2009

August 29, 2007

Two years ago today, we dropped Brian off at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah.  Here I am putting his official missionary name tag on him:
That was quite a bittersweet moment for me.  I was excited that Brian would be serving a mission for our Church and for the Lord.  But I was also sad that I wouldn't be seeing him for another two years.  That seemed like such a LOOOOONG time.

But now, here we are, two years later.  Brian will be home in four days (for those of you who haven't kept up with my updates).  He will have faithfully completed his service in the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo West Mission.  I can't wait to see him, and hug him, and talk to him, and feed him whatever he wants!  I can't wait to see how much he has grown and changed on his mission.  

I just can't wait!  

Happy two year anniversary, Brian!

5 comments:

Court said...

Great picture of the 2 of you together--you look so happy and proud of your son!

Unknown said...

I'm sooo excited for you! Just don't try to show him any movies soon, it will seem too Sodom and Gomorrah to him. If he's anything like I was, he should attend a MUTC (missionary un training center). It can be hard to readjust! Sorry! I meant to say it'll be great, just like the old times, only better!
ps Did Judy tell you about the new drive-by drop-off policy at the MTC. Be glad you got to do it the old-fashioned way!

Lori Hurst said...

You know, you don't seem excited AT ALL!!!

Laura said...

Sarah, we will try to introduce him back into the world slowly!

I had read about the new MTC policy. I'm glad we got to go in with Brian. But we do have 2 other boys following, and I guess we won't get to go in with them.
That will be kind of sad.

Unknown said...

Yes, you're lucky that both your other boys have his example to follow.
Now they'll have to do a new "Called to Serve" video. Can you imagine what the line of cars will be like at drop-off? Significantly slower than elem. school carpools!
Are you going to let us know when his non-homecoming homecoming talk will be?