Saturday, January 23, 2010

Creepiness

Last night, Scott and his friend James were at our house. The phone rang, with the caller ID showing "Private Caller". Scott answered it, and the following conversation took place:

Scott: Hello?
Man: May I speak to Robert?
Scott: He can't come to the phone right now.
Man: I assume you're his son?
Scott: (No remark)
Man: I assume your mother also is away?
Scott: She can't come to the phone either.
Man: Maybe they are out making you a little brother or sister.
Scott: I don't think I should answer that.
Man: So you're pleading the 5th, huh?
Scott: I guess.
Man: Okay. Bye.

What sort of weirdo is that? I think from now on our machine will be answering calls from anyone named "Private Caller".

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Messed. Up. I'd have SO not been as cool as Scott.

Laura said...

Scott did say that he and James were on high alert with their gigantice nerf guns for the rest of the evening! Just in case!

Sarah said...

That is beyond creepy. I am continuously impressed by your kids. Scott showed a lot of wisdom in how he dealt with that situation.

Kristie said...

Wow - what kind of weirdo makes that kind of phone call? I would have been creeped out all night!

Lori Hurst said...

Ewww....

mmmandy! said...

Whoa! Seriously creepy!! I agree- Scott is the man!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

that is creepy. maybe is was somebody at their school plaing some type of gross/weird prank? Kids do that. I got a prank call when I was around 12 or so, people are just so weird!