Friday, January 15, 2010

Why Do I Question?

When Jeffrey got his Mission Call, four weeks ago today (man, that went by fast), we were all very excited. But we were also a little bummed that he wasn't leaving until April 28th - 4-1/2 months later! It just seemed like such a long time.

Here's where I have to say, why do I question these things?

Jeffrey has a friend whose parents are opening a tax return franchise. Jeffrey was able to take their training, pass the test, and become certified to prepare taxes for them. So he has found a job. And since he's wants to be an Accountant, it's in his field. So it will be good experience.

And when does tax season end?

April 15th. 13 days before Jeffrey reports to the MTC.

Would they have hired Jeffrey if he was reporting to the MTC April 1st? Probably not.

Why, until I'm shown the obvious answer, do I question the Lord's hand in these things?

5 comments:

Liz said...

I do the same...it's a hard life being a control freak.

Alisha said...

Glad you had the opportunity to learn the "Why"... love when that happens! Yay for his job!

jamie said...

things just always seem to work out, don't they?

Jennifer said...

Why? b/c you are mortal. it's a curse.

Virginia said...

I'm thinking we would have still hired him, but the timing of all of it couldn't have been more perfect!