Monday, January 25, 2010

Someone Was Bad

Look at the 2nd color from the left. That's a paint color from Sears. Hot Pink is what it is called. Today I was at Sears killing time and looking at paint (blues, not pinks). The salesman I was talking to pointed to the Hot Pink and said, "See that?" After I nodded he said a woman had come in and bought 30 gallons of that color. That's right. THIRTY GALLONS!!!

And what was she going to do with 30 gallons of Hot Pink paint? Why, paint her whole downstairs, of course. Kitchen, breakfast room, family room, entry, and whatever other rooms were nearby, I guess.

And why was she painting her ENTIRE DOWNSTAIRS Hot Pink? Well, her husband was with her, and he was being very agreeable to whatever she wanted - "Yes, dear. Whatever color you want, dear." So, the salesman seemed to think he had done something to make her really mad, and this was her form of retaliation.

He must have been a very bad hubby.

9 comments:

kimberly said...

That is AWESOME. And incredibly passive aggressive. I approve of her punishment.

Lori Hurst said...

I am thinking ... if I had to live in a totally hot pink house - that I would kill myself. So maybe not such a good thing - unless she is moving out right after it is painted!

Jenae said...

...what's wrong with a hot pink home??? I like her style. If it was up to me, my house would remind everyone of the inside of a Pepto-Bismal bottle!!! ha ha ha

Kristie said...

Wow that color would get old really quick. I can only imagine what he did to deserve that.

Alisha said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tricia said...

What a great punishment!!

jamie said...

hilarious--that reminds me of our rental we just moved out of. shortly before we moved in, the entire upstairs was apparently pink and the entire downstairs was apparently purple! people are weird sometimes.

Lil' Richards said...

It'd give me a headache.

Jennifer said...

I like it.