Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What a Difference a Day Makes

Yesterday morning I managed to get Scott to Seminary and then get the kids from Seminary to school. After that I came home and dropped into my chair - unable (or more likely unwilling) to move.

The result? My dishwasher never got emptied. More dirty dishes piled up. A terrible clutter took over the kitchen and family room. My house was a shambles.

This morning I did the same driving, but I did not come home and drop comatose into my chair. I unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded it, and did the other dishes. I cleared away the clutter (except for the Nerf gun darts which seem to always litter our floor). I even took all the recyclables out of the house. My house isn't anywhere near perfect, but it's much better than it was yesterday.

If only I could be as productive every morning. Alas, there's no telling when I will again come home and take root in my chair instead of doing something worthwhile.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

My fight with the inner slob is daily. Feels good to win, though.

Court said...

A glimpse of productivity is always so inspiring.

Kristie said...

Way to go, Laura. We just have to take things one day at a time!

Tricia said...

Love your blog!! You make me want to do better on mine! Too many mornings I feel like doing the same thing after I have everybody off to school. If only the clock would stop for just a few hours each morning so I could catch a quick nap!

Laura said...

Thanks for the comment, Tricia! I'll be checking out your blog now.

Jennifer said...

When I read about your kitchen, I thought, "Which Clutter? Jeffrey? Scott? Brian? Even Kimberly??" Goes to show you how important punctuation is. If only I had noticed the lower case "c".

You are an inspiration to me!! It only took one day? Amazing.

Robert said...

We don't use the word "clutter" that way... Tsk Tsk Tsk I have only been away a short time and already...