Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jeffrey!!

Today is Jeffrey's 20th birthday! Just one short year ago, he was at home for his birthday. Now he's celebrating on his mission in Veracruz, Mexico.

Here's a picture of Jeffrey at the beach with his companion and two other missionaries. They were jumping for joy over the fact that every companionship in their zone had baptized someone the week before. The ones in white (including Jeffrey) were the ones who had done the actual baptizing.
I love this photo. It truly expresses real joy.

I hope Jeffrey has a wonderful birthday today. I'm sad I don't get to see him or talk to him on his birthday, but I'm so proud of him for choosing to serve the Lord by going on a mission. He's a wonderful young man, and I can already see how much he's growing as he serves the people in Mexico.

Jeffrey, I love you very much and I'm proud to be your Mom.

(By way of explanation to any non-members who might be reading this - the missionaries were given permission to go to the beach for their Preparation Day. However, missionaries are not allowed to swim, so they just played in the sand.)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Jeffrey!!! Dang, those boys can jump high!

I'm excited that one of his away-birthdays is over. Just one left, and then you'll be close to seeing him again.

Veracruz is a lucky place.