Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jeffrey's P-Day

Last week, Jeffrey e-mailed us and told us he was being transferred to a new area within his mission. He was really excited because he found out there were ancient ruins within his ward boundaries.

For any non-members reading my blog, once a week missionaries have what's called Preparation Day (P-Day). They do laundry, go shopping, e-mail Mom and Dad, and explore a little within their area (within mission guidelines).

So I was excited to get Jeffrey's e-mail yesterday. I was excited to read about ancient ruins he explored. And even see some pictures if he could find a computer working well enough to download them.

And what did Jeffrey and his companion do yesterday for their P-Day?

They went to a slaughterhouse. That's right - a slaughterhouse! Forget ancient ruins - lets go watch animals get slaughtered!

His exact words were: "They were killing and gutting cows. We didn't get to see the killing, but we saw the gutting. It was pretty cool, but I could never do it. After about 10 minutes I got nauseous. But it was cool seeing it all."

I'm anxious to e-mail him next week and find out why exactly they went to a slaughterhouse.

I guess I should be grateful that although he thought it was cool, it's not a job he could ever do! And I guess I should be grateful that he didn't send any pictures! I can wait for ancient ruins!

2 comments:

Court said...

You've convinced me to become a vegetarian again.

On an unrelated note, we look forward to your brief stay in TX!

Jennifer said...

That is so nasty. I commented before, but I was just re-perusing your blog and noticed that my comment didn't make it. What it said was, "That is so nasty."