Monday, March 14, 2011

So Different

Saturday evening Scott took the subway into Milan and met the three other American 11th grade guys at his American school for dinner. It still makes me a little nervous to have him go off on the subway alone, especially at night, but that's how you get around in this town. And he made it there and back, so it's all good.

They all met at a Mexican restaurant (which I didn't even know existed). Scott said the fajitas were good, and the chips and salsa were never ending, so Robert and I are going to have to figure out where the restaurant is and give it a try.

Scott got home at about 10:30. He said the other three guys were going to a club. They didn't ask Scott, since they know he's Mormon. They didn't ask him, because they were going to the club to drink. Apparently, the legal drinking age in Italy is 16!

Maybe it's just me, but even if we weren't Mormon, I wouldn't want my 17--year-old going to a club to drink.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Crazy Europeans and their drinking. I would NOT want my teenager either drinking or hanging out with kids drinking even if it is legal. Teenagers are barely able to make good decisions sober (yours excluded).