Friday, February 26, 2010

A Little Overboard

Last night I went to Long John Silver's and bought 12 pieces of chicken. That's all, just the chicken. What can I say? We like their chicken!

As the lady at the drive-thru handed me my bag, she said, "I gave you a bunch of Sweet and Sour Sauce".

What? Why? I didn't ask for any sauce. And, yes, while I know Sweet and Sour Chicken is a popular dish, it doesn't seem like a sauce that goes with LJS chicken. It just doesn't.

But that's not the overboard part. When I got home, I counted how many little containers (not packets, but little containers) of Sweet and Sour Sauce she gave us.

Thirteen.

Seriously? Did she really think we needed one container for each piece of chicken? Plus one extra for something else?

That seems a little overboard. And may be part of the reason fast food is so expensive. Too many wasted condiment packets!!

7 comments:

Kristie said...

I'm all about the condiments! If it isn't dipped in something, it isn't worth eating.

Unknown said...

Better then McD's where the rationing is extreme.

jamie said...

i don't know about the chicken you're talking about, but when i eat fast-food crispy chicken, i'm pretty sure i'd go through a little container...

Jennifer said...

This seems unusual - I have never had any fast food offer up condiments without my asking. And then asking them to please drop another in the bag.

Erin said...

Love your posts... I am an avid LJS fan. In highschool I had half day as a Senior and went to LJS almost everyday for chicken smothered in vinegar... my mouth is watering right now just thinking of it.

Lori Hurst said...

Cook up some rice!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.