Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's Really Happening!

This morning I bought plane tickets to Salt Lake City. Two months from tomorrow we will be leaving to take Jeffrey to the Provo MTC so he can begin his two year mission.

Buying the tickets makes it seem so real. My second son is getting ready to leave on his mission. My second son is getting ready to leave on his mission!!!

How does that make me feel? Excited for him, a little sad for me, a little nervous about how he'll do, and a little anxious about how safe he'll be on his mission (that's what happens when the Mission President writes on his blog that the missionaries in some areas can't leave their apartments at night). Mainly I'm proud of him for making this choice to serve the Lord.

He got his mission call 4-1/2 months ago. Suddenly there is only 2 months left. I guess it's time to get shopping!!

4 comments:

Liz said...

EXCITING! That boy is going to be a great missionary.

Unknown said...

what a mixed bag of emotions! I can see why. Isn't it supposed to be easier the second time around?

Kristie said...

When Jeffrey was helping with the garage sale on saturday, he was soooo much help and I could totally see him as a missionary. He is going to rock it!!

Court said...

Way to go Jeffrey! You will be a fantastic missionary!