Thursday, July 2, 2009

Very Weird

I had been tracking something I ordered online.  It was being delivered by UPS and I had been tracking the package on their website.  Yesterday the tracking showed that the item had arrived in Stafford and was out for delivery.  Woo hoo!  But the UPS man never came.  

After running an errand last night, I checked my mail.  What did I find?  THE PACKAGE!  How did a package that UPS was delivering end up in my USPS mailbox?  I don't get that at all.  Did the UPS man and USPS man meet up and make some sort of exchange?  I'm glad I got my package, but I'm very confused by the whole thing.

6 comments:

Randi said...

That has happened to me several times. I have no idea when they make the switch, but from what I understand UPS has the USPS deliver some packages for them. It's weird and everytime it happens I am on the brink of calling UPS demanding to know where they delivered my package, until I really squint and see that it was "delivered" by the USPS, not UPS. That extra "s" always throws me off...but anger is quickly replaced with excitement as I go running to my mail box.. ( and yes sometimes I literally run! Some packages are just worth the extra physical excertion! :) )

Lori Hurst said...

Take it from the girl that orders everything online! Yeah, they must deliver each others to make things more efficient. I have actually gone so far as to call the company - stating that the package said it was delivered but not to me - I didn't get it. "Sorry Ma'am, we will send out another" Which they do, right about the time I FINALLY saunter over to the mail box, days late and find my package!

Laura said...

That is so strange. Although, if it makes them more efficient, that's a good thing!

kimberly said...

I have had the same thing happen. I just thought I had imagined the UPS thing and was glad to find it in my mailbox instead of on my doorstep for anyone to see and steal!

Court said...

Same thing here...craziness.

Jennifer said...

I obviously am not ordering enough stuff.

Hey, I don't know why my bloglist didn't update you, so I am now backreading.