Thursday, September 29, 2011

Switcheroo

I bought a Blu-Ray player. We don't have any blu-ray movies, and I will still probably buy most of our movies in the DVD format. But it will be nice to have for certain movies, and I like the idea of accessing Netflix and other things through the TV.

After an explanation of the differences from a friend (Shelley), I bought a player that had built-in Wi Fi (the same one she has). This meant the player should be all ready to access our home Wi Fi.

Only it didn't work out that way. As I was reading the instructions, I read that I would need a LAN adapter for the USB port in the front of the machine. And when we hooked up the machine, the message on the screen said I needed a LAN adapter to access the internet.

Shelley didn't mention anything about a LAN adapter. I was confused and gave up last night, deciding to call her in the morning.

This morning I was looking at the instructions again and noticed that they were for model number 380. I was pretty sure I had bought model number 580. I looked at the box, and sure enough, it said 580 on the front. So I looked at the Blu-Ray player itself.

Model number 380.

No wonder mine wouldn't access the internet while Shelley's would.

It wasn't the right model in the box.

I'm wondering. Did Sony mess up? Or did someone pull a switcheroo at Target?

I'll be heading back to Target this morning. I hope they don't think I'm trying to pull the old switcheroo!

1 comment:

jamie said...

stuff like this happens to me all the time! i begin to think, am i just dumb? and then, no--someone messed up! i hope you get it all worked out!