Monday, September 12, 2011

Insurance. Bah.

When we moved back to Houston, my husband's company changed him from their international division to their domestic division. In the process, they dropped our insurance. But they didn't tell us. We found out when Robert went to the doctor. Nice, huh?

Fortunately, after some phone calls to HR, Robert was able to get us insurance - retroactive back to the date we came back to Houston.

Unfortunately, we didn't get the chance to check things out closely and ended up with dental insurance I'm not happy with. The coverage is good, because it's a DMO. But I'm not happy with the choice of dentists. I don't like going to the dentist and I feel comfortable with very few dentists. Therefore the chain dental places are out of the question. And the chain dentists make up probably 95% of the dentists in the plan.

I did find one that looked promising. Then I went to his website. When a dentist's personal statement, which he has posted on his practice's website, has misspellings and grammatical errors, that's a serious red flag for me. I'm funny that way!

Fortunately, benefits selection is coming up soon. I think we're going to put off going to the dentist until January. Hopefully their other plan choice will be better.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Blah. I hate insurance. Well, you know what I mean.