Thursday, September 15, 2011

Refinanced!

Today I went down and signed the papers to refinance our house. We lowered our interest rate over 2% and cut 10 years off our loan, while only raising our payment $100.00 a month. I'm pretty excited about that.

I wasn't excited about signing all of the papers associated with refinancing. Any of you who have bought or refinanced a house know that there are a bajillion forms to sign. (Okay, I might be exaggerating - but only a little!)

If you look at the first sentence of my post, notice I said "I" went down and signed the papers. Not "we". Since Robert is in Salt Lake City, he had to fill out a power of attorney so I could sign for him. He got off MUCH easier than I did! Not only did I have to sign my name on every paper, but I also had to sign for him. But I couldn't just sign his name. I had to sign this:

Robert W. Clutter by Laura M. Clutter as attorney in fact thereof.

All of that! Every time!

And to make matters worse, I had to sign all of it in cursive! The only time I write in cursive is when I sign my name and when I write numbers on a check. That's it. I really had to stop and think how to write some of those words in cursive! It wasn't fun!

I think Robert owes me. Big time.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

awesome work on the refi!!