Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Finally Recovered!

Jeffrey wanted an Open House before he left on his mission. Because of Youth Conference and other things we ended up doing it this past Sunday. There were a lot of people he wanted to invite, so we did. We didn't know how many of them would actually show up. We discovered that a lot of them would. A lot of them. How many, you ask?

Well, including the four of us, 111 people showed up! Who knew we could fit 111 people in our home? I realize they all weren't there at the same time, but I bet 50 to 60 were there at the busiest times. It was literally Standing Room Only! Jeffrey was thrilled. I think most people had a good time seeing friends from other wards (there were 3 wards involved). And my house survived intact!

Thanks to all who came! It was great to see you. Thanks to all who brought food or helped out in any way! We couldn't have done it without you. Thanks for showing Jeffrey your love and support! As his Mom, I really appreciate it.

The countdown continues. Six more days until we leave for Utah! Eight more days until he enters the MTC!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy it went so well! I think it was he who we saw at conference and I hardly recognized him. Missions are the greatest!

Shel said...

I'm glad you have recovered :)

It was soooo much fun to be there celebrating with you all! Jeffrey is such an amazing person and we are grateful he wanted to share a last ooh rah with us!!

kimberly said...

I'm not recovered yet. People at work keep telling me I look exhausted. Awesome sauce.

But that party was fun! 111 people is crazy. Who knew Jeffrey was so popular? ;)

Liz said...

that is one fine boy you've raised...and he's gonna be one fine missionary!

jamie said...

wish we could have been there. congrats, again, jeffrey!