Sunday, April 11, 2010

Another Sign It's Closer!

Tonight I got a phone call. The caller ID said "Out of Area", so I didn't know who it was. When I answered, the woman on the line asked if this was Sister Clutter. I replied that it was. She then said, "This is Sister Hansen, from the Veracruz Mission". I realized then that I was talking to the Mission President's wife! She was calling to let me know how excited they were about Jeffrey coming to serve as a missionary there. She also asked me if I had any questions, which I did, and which she answered. She seems very nice and accessible. She said they expect obedience from their missionaries, which I'm glad to hear. I don't worry about Jeffrey - I know he wants to do what's right. It's nice to know it's expected of him.

After speaking to me for a little while, she asked to speak to Jeffrey, and they spoke for a few minutes. I'm so glad she called. It's not something that all Mission President's wives do, and it made me feel good about sending Jeffrey to serve under their care.

Minutes after our phone call ended, she sent me an e-mail, letting me know I was free to ask her questions any time I wanted. She seems like a wonderful woman!

And as if all that weren't enough, I loved reading this sentence in her e-mail, "We look forward to meeting your son in person…we love him already!" There's nothing that can make a Mom feel better than reading words like that!

17 days, and counting down!

3 comments:

Court said...

I'm really happy for you! Sis. Hansen sounds like she will be a wonderful surrogate mom to Jeffrey while he is serving in Veracruz.

And I agree, Jeffrey is already obedient and diligent, even as a pre-missionary.

Kristie said...

That's so great! You know that mission president's wife will really love Jeffrey once she meets him - how could you not!!

kimberly said...

How nice of her to call and talk to you and Jeffrey. That must be reassuring, knowing that they're excited about Jeffrey coming and willing to answer questions.

I can't believe how soon he's leaving! This year is going by so fast.

(I didn't see this post until just now.)