Thursday, September 30, 2010

What I Miss Most

I was reading a book today by Elizabeth Lynn Casey, and came across the following paragraph:

"Her great-grandmother had always said the best medicine for any ailment a woman had was time with true friends. Time spent in good-natured gossip, occasional male-bashing, and shared tears. But most of all, she said time with other women was for laughing from deep within your soul."

That's what I miss most about being here in Milan. Time spent with my good friends, my sister, Chris, and my daughter, Kimberly.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's what I hate most about you being there, too. Can you imagine the days before internet? Letters took so long! This way, at least, we can talk to you any time we want. Love you, lady.

Kristie said...

Aww - that made me sad. We miss you, too!

Shel said...

It just sucks like nothing else!! I can tell you that!!!!!! Tonight is GNO and I haven't gotten a text from you asking if we are gonna ride together and it just makes me... well you know. It reallllyyyy blows, when is two years over already :( I miss you my friend.

Court said...

I totally forgot about GNO. Which is too bad because deep belly laughter really is so good for the soul. We miss you.