Monday, August 8, 2011

Fourth Port - Belfast, Ireland

We spent July 21st, my birthday, at sea. When we went to breakfast, I discovered that our cabin door had been decorated. I had already seen many other cabin doors decorated, so it wasn't a surprise, but it was still a nice start to the day.
We docked in Belfast, Ireland on July 22nd. We didn't hang around Belfast, though. We took a shore excursion through the beautiful Irish countryside to Giant's Causeway. Giant's Causeway is an area made up of 40,000 interlocking basalt columns. And that's as technical as I get! Kimberly had been here the previous year, and she had told me how impressive it was. While this wasn't what I was expecting, I had to agree that it was impressive.
I was not brave enough to climb up there.
This formation is known as the Organ (for obvious reasons).
Here's Robert with the Giant's Boot.
I'm really enjoying seeing the natural beauty these countries have to offer. This is definitely a trip of a lifetime.

No comments: