Monday, May 30, 2011

A Little Teary Eyed

It's Memorial Day in the United States. But it's not Memorial Day in Italy.

So I went on YouTube to listen to some patriotic songs. I wanted to be reminded of our great country and the men and women who have died and will continue to die to protect our freedoms.

Lee Greenwood singing "I'm Proud to Be an American".

James Cagney as George M. Cohan singing "You're a Grand Old Flag" and "Over There".

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" and "The Star Spangled Banner".

I confess, I got teary eyed listening to those beautiful patriotic songs.

I love the United States. I miss living there. I'm grateful I'll be back there in two months.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I can see how it would be hard not to be here for this holiday. We can't wait til you come back!!

Jennifer said...

I get teary-eyed over patriotic songs, too, and I'm not even overseas! I'm sorry you felt homesick over the holiday. But now you are even CLOSER to coming home!!!