Friday, May 6, 2011

Grammar Differences

Since I am Scott's seminary teacher, I've had to e-mail the seminary coordinator here in Italy. He's a very nice Italian man who speaks English very well (I've talked to him once on the phone). He also writes very well in English.

One thing I think is funny is that he often uses the contraction "it'll" in his e-mails. I know we often say "it'll" instead of "it will", but I don't think I ever see that contraction written anywhere. I guess those are the differences you find when you learn English in America or learn it somewhere else as a second language.

Of course, the fact that he knows a second language pretty fluently puts him so far ahead of me!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It'll be awesome to hear English in seminary. It'll be awesome to have you home again.

Jenae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenae said...

It'll just be a matter of time before "it'll" make it in the dictionary!