Saturday, April 30, 2011

I Can't Believe I Missed It!

Yesterday, April 29th, was Jeffrey's one year anniversary on his mission, and I didn't blog about it! Granted, I am in Paris at the moment, and we are busy, but I still feel bad I didn't post something on such a momentous day!

So, pretend today is April 29th. One year ago I was sitting in IHOP with Jeffrey. He was getting ready to have his free breakfast. We were counting down the hours until we would drop him off at the Missionary Training Center (MTC). He was excited and a little nervous. I was excited, nervous, sad, and lots of other emotions.
He spent two months at the MTC where he began to learn Spanish. Then he spent 10 weeks working hard in the Salt Lake City South Mission and waiting for his Mexican visa to come. In mid-September he finally made it to the Mexico Veracruz Mission, where he has been working ever since.

Here's one of my most recent pictures of Jeffrey with a sweet little boy he baptized. I have the little boy's name somewhere, but I don't have time to search for it.
Jeffrey is loving his mission. He is loving serving the Lord and he is loving the people of Mexico. I'm so proud of Jeffrey for choosing to sacrifice two years of his life to go and spread the gospel. I miss him a lot, but I wouldn't want him to be anywhere else right now. He is growing so much. He is learning and experiencing things that will help him throughout his whole life.

Jeffrey, I love you! Happy one year mission anniversary! May your second year be even better than your first!

Oh, and since next Sunday is Mother's Day, I get to talk to him on the phone! I can't wait for that call!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can't believe it has already been a year. It has flown by (for me). I'm so excited you'll be speaking to him soon. How funny that y'all are both in different countries this Mother's Day.

PS - HOW'S PARIS???

jamie said...

half way! good job, jeffery! and didn't you kind of love that you got to write, "granted, i'm in paris right now?"