Monday, December 6, 2010

Scott

I'm so impressed with Scott's willingness to try things while we are here in Milan.

On Sunday, he blessed the Sacrament in Italian. He worked very hard with the Young Men President to learn how to pronounce all of the words correctly. He has really wanted to participate in blessing the Sacrament, and he persevered until he could.

Today he left to go on a three day stake youth temple trip to the Bern Switzerland Temple. He may very well be the only English speaker on the trip. The two girls from our ward who speak English are out of town (these three days are a holiday). There is another English speaking family who lives in our stake, but we're not sure if they were going. We told him he didn't have to go, but he wanted to. He really wants to be involved, even if it's difficult.

And yesterday I found out that while I was gone, he bore his testimony in Fast and Testimony Meeting - in Italian! Basic Italian, but I'm so impressed that he wanted to share his testimony and had the courage to do so.

He is much more willing to try new experiences than I would have been at his age. I'm proud of him.

6 comments:

Alisha said...

What a great kid you raised! I bet that's a wonderful feeling as a mother!

jamie said...

that is so great. what a huge learning experience! and it sounds like he's definitely go at it with the right attitude. it would be easy to complain and sit back, but good for him for being involved and really making the very most out of it.

Court said...

so impressive. nice work scott!

Rhonda said...

Yay Scott! (I keep wanting to say Scotty, but I guess he has grown up). What is the best way to get a Christmas card to you, Laura?

Unknown said...

I love seeing strengths in my kids that I don't have. Good for Scott!

Shel said...

That is fantabulous! I told my boys that Scott was going to Bern Switzerland on a Temple trip and those goofballs heard in their head "Scott is going to 'burn' Switzerland, lol!!! Now they joke about it.. What an amazing opportunity for him... way to rock it, Scott!