Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Finally...Almost

As many of you know, I have been hassling with our high school here since the end of May. I have been trying to get Scott accepted to the American School of Milan, and that requires having his school records from here sent. Does that seem difficult to you? Well apparently it was difficult for Scott's counselor. I can't tell you how many times I called her (and usually talked to her machine) or went down to the school to see her (although she often wasn't there). Last week, after not being able to talk to her yet again, I went in and talked to the principal. I decided it was time to pull out the big guns.

And it apparently worked! I found out today Scott was conditionally accepted to the American School of Milan!

Conditionally? That's where the "almost" comes in. Apparently, ASM has still not recieved Scott's Math and English Admittance tests. The tests the high school administered to him on June 22nd. But didn't bother to send with the rest of his records...

Sigh. Time to call Scott's counselor again. Hopefully for the last time.

4 comments:

Court said...

What in the wide world of sports?!?

I've got a solution though...if you delivered to the school a pan of your world-famous peanut butter treats, they would be putty in your hands and do whatever you asked!

jamie said...

duh. this is what bothers me about the world--it's nearly impossible to get stuff done by simply being nice! it's not until you lay down the schmack that people start to take you seriously. good luck!

Virginia said...

I bet I can guess who the counselor that you're talking about is!

Virginia said...

I bet I can guess who the counselor that you're talking about is!