Thursday, August 19, 2010

Eagle!!

Scott passed his Eagle Board of Review last night! Woo hoo! All three of our boys are now Eagle Scouts!

If you had told me a few weeks ago that Scott would be an Eagle Scout before we left for Italy, I would have said "no way". By that time, I was confident he could have his project done, but I didn't think we could get the paperwork done in time for an Eagle Board of Review. I thought he'd have to have his Board next summer when we came to visit.

But Stacy, our fearless Eagle mentor, had other plans. She pushed for Scott's recommendation letters - getting them back quicker than I think anyone has ever gotten them back! Then she set up the Board. I'm really grateful to her for everything she did.

Because of her I got to take this picture of Scott after his Board:
And this picture of Scott with the District Advancement Chair:
Congratulations, Scott! I'm proud of you!

4 comments:

Alisha said...

Good job Scott!

Laura-- glad I got to see you & say goodbye today! GOOD LUCK! We'll miss you at Book Club, GNO, etc... Good thing we have blogs & FB!

Shel said...

Congratulations Scott!! Looking quite handsome!!

I asked James tonight if he told Scott "I love ya' and Good bye!" and he said "no" so I said "is it just something that is understood between you two?" and he said "yep!"... Then it hit me... I cried! We're going to miss you guys :(

Court said...

Congratulations Scott (and Laura...and Stacy)!

Now that you've been gone for one full day, we'll need a new blog update from MIlan as soon as you recover from jet lag!

Liz said...

i miss you already. yay scott! and i'm so sorry to read about bailey..i just got caught up on blogs....she was a sweet little gal.