Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's Almost August!

Tomorrow is August 1st. That means in less than 3 weeks I will be moving to Milan, Italy!

Three years ago we were supposed to move to Singapore, but plans changed 5 weeks before we were supposed to go, and we ended up staying in Houston. I think part of me keeps expecting that to happen again. And part of me keeps hoping that will happen again.

You know what? I don't think it's going to happen. I think Robert, Scott, and I are really going to be living in Italy for the next two years.

I've still got a lot to do to get ready to go.

Oh, and just to let you know how art illiterate I am - I didn't know that DaVinci's Last Supper had been painted as a mural on a wall of a monastary in Milan. The city I will be living in. Maybe a year or two in Europe will do me good...

4 comments:

Krystle said...

You will have so much fun in Italy I bet!! My aunt and uncle are moving to Rome in a year or so I think too!

Rhonda said...

Wow! What an adventure. I say if Scott is on board and you know it's temporary than it's really more an extended vacation, right!?

jamie said...

are you kidding me??? what an amazing experience!!! you will love it!!!

Kristie said...

I can't believe that you're leaving that soon!! I know it will be a great adventure for you guys!