Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bummed

It's been 5 years since I had my eyes checked. 5 years since I've gotten new glasses. I didn't realize it had been that long until I called my eye doctor to make an appointment. Luckily for me he had a cancellation, so even though I just called yesterday I was able to get in today. If they hadn't had a cancellation it would have been mid-August before I could get an appointment.

I went to Eyemasters to get my glasses. Since we're moving to Milan, I wanted to bring 2 pair, and they always seem to have a "buy one, get one free" special going on. So I picked out some frames - trendier than what I have, so that will be fun.

Here's where the bummed part comes in. I have really bad vision. REALLY bad. I need to get expensive lenses so they can be as thin as possible. I don't feel like wearing pop bottle lenses. On top of that, I wear bifocals (which will be much stronger with my new prescription, so I will hopefully be able to read with them). What all this means is that my lenses aren't stocked in the store. They have to be special ordered. Which will take about 10 days.

I am not a patient person. I have picked out new glasses, and I want them NOW! So I'm bummed that I have to wait. I guess I will survive. But it may be trying.

No comments: