Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Am I Feeling Benevolent?

I'm still trying to decide if I should be a nice mom, or if I should play a doozy of a trick on Scott. Here's the back story:

Three years ago our family was supposed to move to Singapore for a year. It just so happened that while Jeffrey and Scott were at Scout Camp, things changed and we ended up not moving. When the boys got back from Scout Camp we told them we weren't moving. Jeffrey was elated, but Scott was disappointed. He was ready and anxious to spend his 8th grade year in Singapore.

Fast forward to now. In August Scott and I will be joining Robert in Milan, Italy. We will be living there the next two years. Scott has spent the last two weeks at Philmont Scout Ranch. Before he left he told me, "I'd better not come back from Philmont and find out we're not moving".

Scott gets back tonight. Robert is coming for a week beginning on Friday.

Do I:

A. Tell Scott Dad is coming to visit for a week.

or

B. Tell Scott Dad is coming home on Friday, and nothing more.

What to do, what to do.

What would you do?

8 comments:

Kristie said...

Mean mean mean!! Of course, I would go with the mean! Hey, you need to put pictures of your house's new look on here!

Liz said...

I'd tell him you're not moving. Ah, the few perks of motherhood!

Lori Hurst said...

Tough choice!! Italy! Very cool!

kimberly said...

I hope you told him you weren't moving....

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

haha! I didn't know you were moving, how cool! I'd probably play a trick on my kid. :)

Jennifer said...

Well, did you do it?

Jennifer said...

Well, did you do it?

Laura said...

No, I decided to be the nice mom this time. I wasn't sure I could handle his reaction!