Monday, July 12, 2010

How Did They Know?

Today Shelley, my sister, and I drove James, Scott, and my nephew, Steven, to San Antonio so they could attend EFY (Especially for Youth).

We were driving down I-10 when a mini-van full of girls drove by and held up a sign that said "EFY". We gave them the thumbs up to let them know that's where we were headed also.

My sister then made a sign which said "3 boys". When we drove by them again I held up the sign, and the girls clapped and waved.

A few minutes later they drove by us, and one of the girls held up a sign that said "6 girls". We clapped and whooped for that - the boys definitely liked those odds!

That was the last exchange, but who knows, maybe they'll meet those girls at EFY and recognize each other!

Our only question is how did they know we were heading to EFY? Shelley has nothing on her car that would lead anyone to think it belonged to Mormons. Maybe 3 moms and 3 boys in a car together screams EFY. I guess we'll never know!

If the car ride is any indication, it's shaping up to be a good week for the boys!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

My sister and I have driven to San Antonio on a Monday for the last 5 years or so. We have had the same type of experiences. A big vehicle driving down I-10 on an EFY Monday is a safe bet it's headed to EFY!! Also everyone in Buccees is LDS on an EFY Monday!!

kimberly said...

HA. That's kind of amazing.