Sunday, May 9, 2010

Feeling a Little Gypped

Moms of missionaries look especially forward to four days (not including the day their sons come home) - each of the two Mother's Days and each of the two Christmases. On those four days, we get to talk to our sons.

I remember how excited I would get when Brian was on his mission and one of those days was approaching. I couldn't wait to hear his voice and hear about his mission. I didn't really care what else happened those days - Brian's phone calls were what I was waiting for!

Well, today is Mother's Day, and I have another son on a mission. But I won't be getting a phone call from Jeffrey. He's in the MTC, and there is no way, logistically, for all the missionaries in the MTC to get to call home.

I realize I just dropped him off a week and a half ago, but I still feel a little sad. I mean, lets face it, with just me and Scott at home, it's not like this is going to be a very exciting Mother's Day anyway. A phone call from Jeffrey would have made the day much better.

I have heard he should get to call me from the airport when he flies from the MTC to Mexico at the end of June. I guess I will just have to wait for that.

3 comments:

Court said...

That is a bummer! I still hope you have a Happy Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

What a let-down. I'm glad you have the airport call to look forward to.
BTW now that your not in the ward I took over the responsibility of making the PB Choco Squares for the annual Scout auction. I advertised them as "Sis. Clutter's Famous PB Chocolate Squares." We miss you in the ward...

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry. That is a total bummer. Well, Mother's Day is passed - so you have something wonderful to look forward to in June. You hijacked Father's Day!