Saturday, October 24, 2009

Nice Surprise

Today I was checking my bank account online.  I do that almost every day.  I like to know when things have cleared the bank, and it makes balancing my checkbook very easy and fast.  I'm sort of obsessive compulsive about things like that.  

Today there was a new entry on my account - "Chase Pays Your Bills Winner".  And $30.02 had been put back into my account.  Apparently, if you pay bills at Chase online you are entered into a contest where every 5 minutes Chase randomly picks a bill someone has paid and pays it for them.  And I won!  I was very excited.  I will take a free $30.02 whenever I can get it!

Of course, it would have been nicer if my electric bill or cell phone bill had been chosen.  They are both bigger bills and closer to their $200.00 limit.  But I'll be happy with whatever they want to give me.

Oh, and it doesn't look like there's a limit on how many times you can win, so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I'm lucky again!!

6 comments:

kimberly said...

Wow. That's incentive to pay my bills through them. Hmm...

Shel said...

Awesome! That is a nice surprise =)

Lori Hurst said...

Cool! I look at my Chase accounts daily also. I got home from Australia and there was $10,000 extra dollars in my 'fun money' savings account. Alas, someone had typed in a wrong digit and it was taken out again and put in the correct account the next day.

I did stop my heart for a wee bit, though. Probably the closest I will ever get to Chase giving me money!

Kristie said...

That is great!! Maybe I need to switch to Chase, but USAA gives me cashback on all my checkcard purchases and pays back all of my ATM fees, so I get about $20 back from them every month. So maybe that is better - I don't know though - the surprise factor I'm sure feels awesome!

Rhonda said...

Thanks, for like totally diminishing my chances of winning. :)

I see this all the time and have never known of anyone to actually win. Very cool to know it does happen!

jamie said...

we're looking to switch banks. looks like i may have found one!