Thursday, November 19, 2009

Christmas Stockings - Completed!!

The Christmas stockings are complete! Here they are hanging from the mantle (as requested by Sarah):
Here is a close up of one girl stocking (Kimberly's - initial "K") and one boy stocking (Brian's - initial "B"):
I have to say, I am very pleased with the way they turned out. I have wanted to make us all some sort of quilted stocking for years, and these are even better than what I envisioned.

Also, what do you think of the stocking hangers? I have always had big resin Christmas figures - snowmen, bears, penguins, etc. - but this year I wanted to buy simple stocking hangers so I can decorate the mantle. Kimberly, Robert, and I like them, but the boys don't. They are going to lose this battle though. I really like these hangers with the stockings.

Now to take down the stockings and put my Thanksgiving stuff back on the mantle! At least for one more week!

11 comments:

Necia said...

So cute! Yeah for finished projects. They turned out so nice. I like the hangers as well. Very sleek and simple. Now you can PLASTER your mantle with Christmas!!

Kristie said...

I am totally impressed with the finished project!!

Love the hangers - Where did you get those? Do they fit to any size mantel? I don't have a mantel so I always have a problem but I was looking at those and thinking they might work on my staircase molding.

Laura said...

Kristie, here's the link to where I bought the stocking hangers:

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/product/sock-hook-stocking-hanger.do

They are not cheap, but I really like the way they look.

If you want to borrow a couple of mine to see if they will work on your staircase, you are welcome to do so.

kimberly said...

Mom, I'm so impressed! You finished those so quickly once you got going. \o/\o/\o/

Just ignore the boys. They have no taste. Those stocking holders are classy.

Shel said...

Wowza!!! Very impressive!! Those will be cherished for years and years! I go back and forth between thinking about changing from the hangers I have to simple hooks like what you have. You will now have plenty of room to decorate your mantle. I have large letters that spell SANTA and then one that is a sleigh in order to have enought for the family, but they are bulky and take a lot of space from the mantle itself, not to mention my dear hubby likes to be funny and change the letters around to s-a-t-a-n... real funny guy...hahhaaa!! I may change it up on him this year ;)

Sarah said...

Beautiful! They look even better than I imagined.

Zach said...

Love 'em! I made personalized embroidered stockings years ago and one of the first thoughts that came into my head when we decided to adopt Haley was "Oh man! I have to make another stocking!" But I do cherish them. Another question about the hangers--how well are they at staying up--especially when little ones bump or pull at them? I'm so tired of chipped tile under the fireplace...

Jenae said...

Those are awesome! They look great and I LOVE the stocking holders!!!

Laura said...

Rhonda (I'm assuming it's you and not Zach), I've only tried out the hangers. They haven't been up for more than a few minutes. But they seem to stay even if you bump them. And if they do fall, they are wood and pretty lightweight, so they shouldn't do any damage.

Court said...

Excellent work Laura! I'm going to start calling you The Project Finisher!

jamie said...

congrats! i need to borrow some of your project stamina!