Saturday, April 28, 2012

April 28, 2010

Two years ago today, I dropped Jeffrey off at the MTC (Missionary Training Center) so he could begin his mission.

He spent 8 weeks in the MTC learning Spanish and 10 weeks in the Salt Lake City South Mission waiting for his visa to Mexico.  He arrived in Veracruz in mid-September and has been busy serving in that area since that time.

And now it's all coming to a close.  He will be flying home on Thursday, May 3rd.

I am so excited to see him!

It's an interesting thing being a missionary mom.  At times it seems that he can't possibly have already been gone two years.  And at other times it seems like he has been gone forever!

Tomorrow night, I will write my 104th - and final - e-mail to Elder Jeffrey Clutter in the Mexico Veracruz Mission.

I have to admit, while I am so excited to get to see Jeffrey, part of me will also miss being a missionary mom.  It's a special club to belong to.

I'm proud of Jeffrey for choosing to serve a mission.  It's a big sacrifice, but I know he will be a better man for it.

Just 5 more days and he'll be home! 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Woop! Oh, wait... I guess now he's going to be making some sort of cougar call?