Monday, November 8, 2010

Phone Call

Brian is not big on phone calls. He never has been. I hear from him rarely, and usually by text. So it always worries me a little when he calls.

Fortunately, he is okay, but he did call and tell me he was in a bike collision with another bicyclist. Whenever I hear the words "bike" and "collision" now, my thoughts always turn to Gary and his terrible bike/bus collision. Brian's collision was nowhere near that bad, thank goodness. In fact, he and his bike are fine. The other guy, whose fault it technically was, may have broken his collarbone. They had to call an ambulance to take him to the hospital.

I feel bad for him, but I have to say, I'm glad it wasn't Brian who was injured!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Seriously, the people who ride bikes around campus are DANGEROUS! Mike rides his bike and I worry about him having an accident all the time. He almost ran over a couple of army guys the other day!

Liz said...

so glad he's okay! scary stuff. i hate those phone calls that make your heart skip a beat!

Anonymous said...

Hey sometime I call because something really good happened too.

Virginia said...

Glad it turned out okay, but I hear you on the phone calls. My heart skips a beat every time Kyle calls and leads in with "Here's the deal". Thank goodness it hasn't been as bad as my imagination makes it out to be!

Lori Hurst said...

I am SO glad he is OK! (No fun - let me tell you ...)