Friday, June 4, 2010

A Blast From My Past

On Memorial Day Kimberly and I went to Best Buy. We were perusing the television shows when I saw this:
Oh, how I loved that show! It started in 1975, when I was 15. Just the perfect age to develop a HUGE crush on Paul Michael Glaser, also known as Starsky. (And for those of you not in the know, Starsky is the dark haired, more attractive one - no offense Hutch. At least in the TV show Starsky was more attractive. I'm not sure I can say the same about the movie.)

Since Kimberly still owed me half a Mother's Day present, and since I was salivating over the DVD, she bought it for me. She's such a good daughter! I've now watched the first 4 episodes, and you know what? I still love it! It's a bit dated, and some of the characters are over the top caricutures, but I don't care! It's Starsky! And his awesome Gran Torino!

I still have 19 more episodes to watch on Season 1. Then I will probably head to Best Buy to get Season 2. Then Season 3. Then Season 4.

It's going to be a fun TV summer!

4 comments:

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

well did you watch Burn Notice last night? I thought of you while I was watching it! :)

Kristie said...

Starksy and Hutch is a little to dated for me. Do they have Chips on DVD? I loved that show!

Laura said...

Annalee, of course I watched Burn Notice last night! And DVRed it. And bought the 3rd season on Tuesday. Love that show! And it was an awesome episode last night.

Kristie, yes, I know Starsky and Hutch is too dated for you younguns. But that's your loss! And Amazon.com does sell Chips on DVD. Not that is would be worth buying...

Rhonda said...

Don't know what's wrong with me but I remember Hating that show! But I did really enjoy "The Love Boat." :)