Monday, October 1, 2012

Mission Call!

It used to be that when something happened I blogged about it.  Not any more.  Now I put a post on FaceBook and call it good.  Which explains why I haven't blogged since August. And why I didn't blog about Scott's mission call.

That's right, my youngest son, Scott, got his mission call! He actually got his call on September 7th, but that's beside the point.

We had been thinking of places Scott might go on his mission.  Italy or Europe were high on our list, since we had lived there for a year.  California was guessed also, since it seems like a lot of people go west.  But Scott didn't get called to any of those places.

Scott will be serving his two year mission in Brazil! Specifically the Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission.  Scott is very excited, as are we.  

The only downside is that he doesn't leave until February 13, 2013.  Over five months from when he got his call.  That's a long time, but apparently it takes that long to get a visa for Brazil.  

He will finish up his semester at Texas A&M in mid-December, and then come home for two months.  We'll spend the time getting all the clothes he needs, plus new glasses, plus whatever immunizations he needs to live in Brazil for two years.  Plus who knows whatever else he needs to do to get ready to go.  

I can't believe that my youngest child has his mission call. He will be heading off to Brazil in 4-1/2 months.  I'm so proud of him for choosing to serve.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

That's so awesome! Very excited for you all.