Friday, July 27, 2012

So Sad

Earlier today I found out that some members of a family that lives in our old ward were in a terrible car accident as they drove to Utah to pick up their oldest daughter getting off her mission.  The mother, oldest son, and three youngest daughters were in the car.  Two of the daughters were killed and the oldest of the three is in critical condition.

My heart is breaking for this wonderful family.  I don't even know how you go on after such a tragedy.

I wish there was some way I could call "do over" on this day and have it end differently.

But I can't.  So I'll mourn for my friends and the sweet, beautiful girls they have lost.  I'll pray they will be comforted.  And I'll take comfort in the fact that I know they are an eternal family.  They will always miss their girls in this earth life, but they can hold onto the knowledge that they can be with them in the life to follow.

Rest in peace, sweet girls.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh no. Are you able to say who this family is?

Laura said...

Rhonda, I'm sorry to have to tell you that it is Casey and Pearlette's family. E-mail me at laura.clutter@gmail.com and I'll send you any information I know.

Liz said...

a beautiful tribute laura. how sad i feel for this sweet family. wish there was more to do than just pray.