Monday, June 11, 2012

Cub Scout Day Camp

My three boys each spent three years in Cub Scouts.  They each went to Day Camp three times - with no overlapping. That's a total of nine times.  I went with each of them all three times.  So I went to Day Camp a total of nine times.

At the end of Scott's third year, I breathed a sigh of relief.  I was done with Cub Scout Day Camp FOREVER!

Then in December I was called to be a Wolf/Bear Den Leader for our Pack at Church.  I was hopeful, though, that some parents would want to go to Day Camp with their kids. Bond with their boys - like I did with mine.

No such luck.

Day Camp starts tomorrow, and I'm going.

I'm too old for this.

Not to mention it's going to be in the mid-90s with a heat index of over 100.  That's really HOT!

I wish it was Saturday...

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh my goodness don't tell me this!! I didn't do 9 day camps but I think I did about 6 and I was thrilled that I would never have to go again. I am a strong believer that the parents need to step up and find a way to be with their kids.

I am so sorry - I hope you live through it!!

Rhonda said...

The only thing that made day camp tolerable was that I was there with my boys. You have a heart of gold to go for the parents who should be there. Good luck!