Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stamps

When we talked to Jeffrey on Christmas Day, he surprised us all by announcing that he didn't want to go back to A&M. He wanted to go to BYU.

Surprise is probably not a strong enough word. Kimberly, Brian, and I all reacted by shouting, "What?!?" at the computer screen (we were Skyping).

We are a family that bleeds maroon, not blue.

I'm still recovering from the shock of his announcement. Brian isn't convinced that we shouldn't disown him, but I would only consider that if he had announced he wanted to go to UT.

Since he wants to go to BYU, I'm doing everything I can to help him get his application finished by February 1st - a date rapidly approaching. It would have been easier if he had made this decision in October...

One of the things I had to do was go to the high school and request an official transcript be sent to BYU. I had to bring a large, addressed, stamped envelope. I wasn't sure how much postage would be, so I stopped at the post office inside Ace to find out.

I was told it would cost 88 cents. I had forgotten to bring any stamps so I decided to buy two. She had two choices:

Hanukkah or Kwanzaa. Seriously. That's all she had. No flags or flowers or anything.

I know it wouldn't have mattered, but it just seemed weird sending Jeffrey's transcripts to BYU using Hanukkah or Kwanzaa stamps

So I went home and got two of my flowered forever stamps.

It just seemed like the thing to do.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Go Jeffrey!!!

Signed,
A True Blue Fan

Jenae said...

Bah ha ha! I still think you should have used one Kwanzaa AND one Hanukkah stamp. Would have shown how culturally diverse your family is! :)