Friday, October 15, 2010

What a Mess!

On Wednesday, Kimberly's washer and dryer were swapped for ours. It seemed wise, since my Maytag washer is almost 18 years old! Unfortunately, the movers didn't put the drainage tube in securely. And, also unfortunately, my mother-in-law didn't realize it until water had flooded much of the flooring.

According to the "water extraction team" we will need to replace at least the floors in the dining room, game room, and family room. And yes, the family room floors were just replaced in June. We may have to replace some tile and carpeting too. I'm not sure about that yet.

So, on Monday I'm flying home for three weeks. This is one of those issues that I need to deal with. It can't be passed on to someone else.

I have conflicting emotions. I'm so excited to come home. SOOOO excited. But I wish it were under better circumstances.

We're going to have to have a special GNO while I'm there.

7 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh, yeah, we are!!

mmmandy! said...

Yay that you get to come home! BOOO to the water damage! :( Sorry about that, my friend!

Alisha said...

I am SO sorry about the flooding (happened to us when we moved in) but SO excited to see you! Lets get on the planning of that GNO!

Shel said...

I felt sooo bad for you when I got to your house yesterday :( I did get to spend lots of time with Artie, though. She is a wonderful person!! I know it's all going to work out. I'm beyond thrilled that you are coming home, though!!!

Court said...

I'm very sorry about your unfortunate and frustrating fiasco! Although I am glad it is bringing you home for a while. A special girls' night IS in order!

Rhonda said...

Do you have a layover in Denver? :)

Jennifer said...

I would NEVER flood your house just to get you home. That being said, if I had known how easy it would be to make you fly back...

Kidding. I'm really sad about your floors and all the trouble this is. But I am just so excited to see you!!!! GNO! GNO! GNO!